The IDEAS high school home learning program is a response to the lack of home learning supports for high school students. Through consultation with high school students, IDEAS has determined the following points are a priority.
- Supports a community of youth.
- Provides 2 days of face to face programming with a learning consultant, as well as adult mentors, that reflects students’ needs.
- Progressive, integrated programming.
- Allows for cross enrollment.
- LGBTQ and BIPOC friendly.
- Focuses on portfolio development. Students can chose to pursue a Dogwood diploma or utilize their class credits and portfolio for alternative paths.
Blended, Inquiry-Based Learning
IDEAS is focused on supporting academic success through diverse learning styles.
- Focus on experiential learning and inquiry-based, passion projects that students are motivated to work on.
- Integrated curriculum to reduce busy-work and support assessment for multiple credits.
- Seminar-style curriculum delivery
- Option of group work.
- Credit for activities outside of a classroom setting.
- Option to enrol in online courses if desired.